Friday, August 7, 2009

Virus...Pffft

Well tonight, I am glad to be alive. I have been the very sickest I can remember in years. No jokesies, I was pretty sure the ol' Grim Reaper was on his way to pay me a visit. After suffering all last weekend, I went to see the doctor at the crack of dawn on Monday. I was told it was just a virus. Pfffft.

So I sat around waiting to die... until Thursday.

On Thursday I went back to the doctor. Apparently sometime between Monday and Thursday my "virus" turned into something else...something sinister, something eeevil. I was tested for strep, swine flu, and pneumonia, and eventually had a blood test that determined I had a raging infection. Hallelujah!!!! Honestly, who cares what was infected, just bring on the antibiotics!

About 24 hours after starting the Z pack, I feel like a new woman. Still sick, just pretty sure I may live through it. It's always funny how great it feels to be on the mend and only be just really sick instead of mostly dead.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey that is how i am feeling...on the brink of death with a nasty cough. and now i have a nasty rash to go with it. WHAT IS GOING ON WITH MY BODY???

Lizi said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better! It's the worst when viruses turn into infections, ha! I'm glad you have the good ol' antibiotics coursing thru, you'll be back to 100% in no time!

Annie said...

eek!!! Doesn't sound fun. Did you have a sinus infection? I know that I have had a couple of pretty bad ones and I was pretty sure that I was going to die.

Shayla said...

SOOOO happy you'll survive!! Think of the tragedy that would put upon me seeing New Moon by MYSELF! Hallelujah for modern medicine.

Lorren Says... said...

Aw, I'm so sorry you were sick!! If I would have known, I would have grabbed you some antibiotics from Mexico before we left!! (Just kidding, I'm too much of a legalist to take them across the border).

So glad you are feeling better!

Melonius said...

it's great that they were so thorough the first time around.
mostly dead--sounds like the pit of despair to me.