Saturday, December 13, 2008

Aunt Jemima and the Wise Men

I did two posts today, so read on after this one. I think I did these posts backwards, so hope all this makes sense. While in Salt Lake my sisters had lots planned. Crafts was high on the list, and Leigh-Anne had us make these really cute trees. Of course B needed to help...and by "help" I mean decoupaging the snot out of this tree.
Britta and Mark had planned for us to act out the Nativity. It was so fun, but what made it the funnest were the costumes. May I just point out a few. The shepherds all had sticks made of two broom handles and a carpet broom, head attached. Baby Jesus was wearing a rather trendy, off the shoulder, chlid's white t-shirt, and his mother (who played a wise man) looked more like Aunt Jemima. I was also a wise man but sported one of my mom's old head wraps from her chemo. days and a tablecloth. Mel, the donkey, just had his mother hold his costume the entire time. Little P was the star, and whomever held him had to hold a sparkler. And I can't forget to mention Joseph (of Joseph and Mary) with his Spiderman blanket on his head.
Little B loved being a shepard...who knew?
K played Mary, and apparently Mary had some very stylish glasses under all her wraps.
Ahh, there I am! Chemo./tablecloth/wiseman/mother of the star. I can do it all.

3 comments:

Shayla said...

How fun! We for SURE have to do a small Nativity scene Christmas Eve. You are indeed, such a wise(wo)man Bacon :0) Looks like you had a fabulous visit with your family!!!
So glad you made it home safely!

Lorren Says... said...

Great memories for you all. Looks like fun!

A House United said...

How cute your family is!