Sunday, December 28, 2008

Why I Pay for Health Insurance

Why are my children sledding down the stairs in bike helmets? Because I am brilliant of course!
On Christmas Eve, when we were all waiting for P to wake up so we could really go sledding, the kids sheepishly proposed the idea of stairs sledding. A flood of childhood memories came rushing back. The house I grew up in had a large staircase right as you walked in the front door. If you angled the sled right (and propped open the front door) you could end up in the front yard.
Vinny decided he could not be a party to this imminent disaster and so he left, but I took proper safety precautions...bike helmets...and great health insurance with no deductible and E.R. visits covered at 100%.
Little B was too scared to go down (this from a kid who rode Space Mountain 4 more times than I did), but the other two had a blast. The only tragedy...T skinned a knuckle. Totally worth it! But I am disappointed we still have not taken advantage of the E.R. coverage...there's always next year!

3 comments:

Blog Ness Monsters said...

Oh the memories!!!! Only I think I solely sleeping-bagged my way down the stairs. :) WHAT FUN!!!!!
I miss you guys!

Cyd said...

I want your health insurance! Think of all the fun I could let my little one have (when he can walk that is) if only ER visits were covered at 100%

Mandy said...

That is awesome. Ryan and his siblings used to do that with giant pieces of cardboard and no helmets. They were smart ones.