Saturday, December 20, 2008

Coincidence ?

My daughter K was born weighing 2 pounds 15 ounces. She turned 4 pounds the night before we took her home from the hospital. That week, I drank a Pepsi and later nursed her. There was enough caffeine in that Pepsi to burst blood vessels in her eyes. No kidding. At the time, she saw a specialist because the nerves in her eyes were not yet connected. When she suddenly had these red spots in her eyes, I called her specialist and was told that the only thing that could do that was a huge amount of caffeine. Ahhh, mother of the year.

Little P is also nursing, so even though I daydream daily about chugging an ice cold Pepsi...or Dr. Pepper...or Mtn. Dew....(Yum, I just got thirsty) I have abstained. Until today. I know so many nursing mothers who drink caffeine, plus P is almost 20 pounds, so I thought it would be ok. Yet even as I drank it, Vinny laughed and reminded me he worked until 11 and had to be back at 6 tomorrow morning. Point taken...come what may, I would be on my own tonight.

It's now 3:01 a.m. and P is scooting around on the floor, WIDE awake and totally happy. I have finished 12 loads of laundry. I wrapped 52 Christmas presents. I just finished a 70 splint order to Duke University. I have nothing left to do. It seems that there is no rest in sight. All this from a baby who has slept from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. almost every night for two months now.

Think there is any way this could just be a coincidence? Either way, I won't be testing that theory again anytime soon. Yawn.

2 comments:

Shayla said...

Ohhh jeez! Well, on the bright side, you sure did get a LOT done! :0)

Smullin Family said...

Sounds like a productive night...no sleep, but productive. Atleast little P was happily scooting, not screaming. :o)