I have been the recipient of some lovelies lately, and I feel that these need to be shared. Since Vinny spent about 47 hours today (yes, today) cleaning, organizing, un-installing, and reinstalling things on my computer, I decided it may be time to post a few pics of my new favorite things....you know, since Picasa 3 doesn't make me want to pull my hair out anymore!
I posted a little ditty about homemade gifts a little while ago, and received my first one yesterday! My friend, Camille, who was the brainiac behind the homemade gift post, sent me this beautiful tin, necklace, earrings and some (homemade I am sure) Nivea lip gloss...which is sooo tasty, ask Vinny. The other three pairs of earrings were sent to me from my so sweet sister Britta. She made them from my Grandma Helen's old jewelry. Great idea! And no my picture of them is not blurry, the jewelry is blurry....
This is a big thanks to Mama Corleon's Mama. She gifted me this lovely bunny plate (she always gets me cutsie Easter stuff) and then some Creative Memories software. Do any of you use this? It sounds like a great idea, and I am so excited. So is Vinny after today. He thinks this will help me keep ALL the pictures I take organized.
My SIL Shayla gave me (as well as the "Watch out I drive like a Cullen" decal a month ago) this Fan Fantasy and lotion from an Etsy shop which is supposed to smell like Edward...according to descriptions from the Twilight books. It's delicious, no wonder Bella couldn't stay away.
You are probably thinking, "Is that a huge Twilight movie poster with the original release date on it, which was brought to you by your ex-husband who you had asked to ask his wife to ask her sister (who manages a movie theater in Colorado) to ask her boss to let her have and give to a crazy fan? And is it now framed in a huge frame so that it can be hung in your home for all to see and love?" Yes, yes it is. For my birthday Vinny took it from my closet and had it framed and it will be hung in the T.V. room (or front entry...) for everyone to stare at. As Vinny said, when I saw it, "I guess this means that I condone the whole Twilight thing." Uh...yep. Thanks!
Also, there are a few things I need to mention that are not pictured...The Goonies on DVD from Bugsy (that's right, I was still watching it on VHS), some oh so good raspberry lotion from Karina...which is now in her room, some delectable Hershey's Hugs from my friend Lindsi, which are now in my tummy, and a whole post about ME from my friend Melissa.
Last, but Oh SO NOT LEAST...this is also from Britta. It looks like your ordinary vinyl lettering phrase, but no....it is not. In my old blog, I used to list things that my funny kids said, and then things that I had said back to them. This was among that list. This is something I once said (very lovingly, of course) to little Bugsy. Long story short, Britta had it made and then framed and then it broke and then it was remade and now it is mine and I will frame it...and then probably break it and then have it remade..... Whatever it takes, this little gem will be hanging in my kitchen for all to love!
9 years ago





5 comments:
That is one of my fav things that you say to your kids by the way. I love it. Sounds like you have had a pretty great week and oh Oh OH it ends even better.... I am coming for a visit.... so exciting. Love you.
Loved seeing all the fun stuff people have given you. And that poster....you lucky dog. So fun. Now all you're missing is a Forks High School Spartan t-shirt from the real Forks High School in Washington which may or may not be arrived in 2 weeks. Hmm..too bad.
Dang, you got way more stuff for your birthday than I did.
And I'm glad you got Goonies, cuz if there is one thing that says {insert your name here-close one I almost spilt it...} to me it is Goonies. You are Goonies. And hand trumpets.
You spoiled brat, I am so coveting your poster AND that your Husband condones your hobby/obsession!
PS} I LoOoOoVe you Bacon!!!
Glad you like your poster thingy. I promise to put it up sometime.
Post a Comment