Monday, March 2, 2009

Cousins

Little Bugsy has never lived near cousins, but that all changed this year. Finally Bugsy gets to be around cousins (even if they are 3 and 1 years old). This weekend Hunter's parents went away for their anniversary and we got to keep Hunter for the weekend. I was a little worried about Bugsy getting burnt out with the company but he never did. He had so much fun having a constant playmate, especially one as admiring as Hunter!

Hunter is allergic to soy, so we spent the weekend talking to both boys about what Hunter could and could not eat. Apparently when you are four it's super cool to be allergic. Bugsy has spent the morning asking me what is in his food and then pouting because he CAN have it. On the same note, he is also upset that he does not have glasses like the other kids and Vinny, mad that he has no reason to have braces (both Karina and Tommy already see the orthodontist), and he can often be found pretending to use Karina's inhaler. It stinks to be so perfectly healthy when you are four!

While I am talking about Hunter, I had to slip in this little treasure. My SIL and I were at McDonalds with the kids last week and busted Hunter sucking up sweet and sour sauce through a straw. Naturally his mother tried to take it away, but his aunt would not allow it....until she got a picture!

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Soooo funny!
I am so glad that the boys had fun together, Blake is such a trooper. Thank you again, so much!! You are such a great aunt!

Lorren Says... said...

They look so cute and cuddly in that top picture. Sounds like you all had fun!

Mike and Becky said...

eeww! I Can't imagine sucking sweet and sour sauce up through a straw. It's so much fun having family close. Enjoy it while you have it.

britta said...

hubasheeshhuuuhhh yuck! I seriously feel a little queasy now. Why END on that note??? You did this post in reverse I think.
But what fun... though, I'm a little upset. Wasn't it just in your last post that I bore my soul about OUR children, yours and MINE being best cousin buddies??? And now, here you are telling me in the very next post-- the position has been filled. FIne. Break my heart-- but I'm not telling Melvin. He's far too sensitive. I'm torn. The kiddies look so sweet and chummy... I AM happy for you and yours and your cousins who aren't mine... I'm just pretty much sad for me. sniffle. As for Bugsy... poor guy. It's such a trial to be healthy at his age. Please give him my condolansces, and tell him, from me, not too worry. THis too shall pass. (we all get sick as we age afterall...)