Monday, March 9, 2009

Grandma Catherine

We have known for a few days now that Vinny's grandma was not doing so well. She died this morning. Catherine was the oldest of 13 children, born in England. She came to the U.S. with her husband, an American serving in the Air Force. She had five boys, Vinny's dad was the youngest. Catherine later married again and had two girls. She loved to knit and made all kinds of amazing things. She was so tiny, probably just 4 feet something, and spoke with a British accent (which was the cutest thing, let me tell you). Her husband had died when Vinny and I were engaged, and I am sure she was excited to see him and her parents again.

This picture is of Catherine and Bugsy when he was only 10 months old. Even though he didn't really like anyone but his parents, Bugsy snuggled right up to her! Although she will be missed, we are so happy for her reunion today!

4 comments:

JenChiz said...

I am sure she is enjoying a grand day with her Mom and Dad who died a while back. We miss her but we are proud of the legacy she left us. Love you Grandma.

Shayla said...

Okay that is too cute! Very sweet post.

Annie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Vinny's grandma. Let me know if you guys need anything.

I love that picture. "B" looks so cute and cuddly.

britta said...

She looks like the sweetest woman. I am so sorry for you guys.
It's great that Bugsy has this great picture with her.