9 years ago
Monday, March 23, 2009
In Search of a Blow Dryer
The Twilight DVD was, as I am sure you ALL know, released Friday night at midnight. My SIL Shayla and I wanted the 3 disc DVD available only from Target, which was not open late for the release. So why would we go to a Friday night release party? I needed a blow dryer of course!
We only had two choices in town. First we went to Hastings, where there was a news crew, but only about 4 people. So we left and went to Walmart, where there was no news crew but there were 4 8th graders who wanted to be our best friends. Yes, I made Shayla take a picture with them. Then we spotted "Edward" (aka high school boy wearing a pea coat over his pj's). I tried about 10 times to get a picture of him, but you know Edward, he was way too fast and all of my pics turned out empty. Then Shayla "fake posed" so I could get a better picture of "Edward."
When they announced that the DVD was on sale, everyone raced to the front of the store. Even though we were obviously there for the release, we then left the crowd and went to find me a new blow dryer. (Mine ran away from me sometime during our last trip to SLC.) Instead of standing in line for Twilight, I read about Natasha Richardson (is anyone else so sad about her?).
Then we left and went back to Hastings. Again, keep in mind that we did not want to buy the movie...but we stood in line with all the other crazies, making fun of ourselves and everyone else. When we decided we'd had enough we tired to leave only to find that the exit was blocked and the only way out was to...BUY THE MOVIE!!! So Shayla faked a panic attack and they let us go out the "IN" door, even though it had no handles and we had to sit there clawing at the door until it opened. That's right, faked a panic attack! I haven't had a night so full of laughs since I moved to this town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
You girlies are crazy and it makes me a little depressed because it's the thing I miss perhaps the most about being here in Ohio.... I don't know anyone well enough to be totally silly with them!... and after all, girls just wanna have fun. What a fun time!
Oh.My.Goodness. Sounds like you all had a blast. I would have loved to have tagged along!!
P.S. I am also sad about Natasha Richardson. So tragic.
Funnest night of my silly little Idaho livin life!! Those girls were a total hoot, even if they were Team Jacob! Please please let's go out again soon!!
oh my goodness and you didn't buy the MOVIE??? I don't understand??? I can only imagine what you and Shayla looked like with all this faking, I wish I could have been there!
The good part is that there is a non-english speaking housekeeper in the Salt Lake Valley using a fairly weathered hair dryer while you get a newbie.
Love that story. If only the walls of Walmart could talk. I'm sure they'd have a fair share of GNO stories. I'm going to have to tie Chris up and duct tape his mouth in order to get him to watch the movie : )
Wow. That's all I can say. Wow. Next time I want an invite. :)
Just had to come back & re-live that awesome night through your storytelling! Seriously, sOoO fun!!
Post a Comment